Since March 2,  there were four bombings in Austin Texas.   Austin police Chief Manley believes the bomber is a professional serial bomber and the attacks were  “meant to send a message.” Police don’t know how many bombers.

Two African Americans killed after parcel bombs left on their doorsteps exploded.  The first explosion occurred on March 2 followed by two more bomb explosions ten days later.   The latest bombing occurred yesterday on Sunday, March 18, 2018, injuring two white males when they encountered a suspicious package on the side of the road.  Their injuries were not life-threatening.

Deceased victims in Austin Bombings
Deceased victims in Austin Bombings

Nelson Linder, president of the local NAACP chapter,  told NBC News that the two murdered  African American victims– Anthony Stephan House, 29, and Draylen William Mason, 17 — were connected to prominent African-American families and attended the same Methodist Church.

The perpetrators remain at large.  Austin police asked the public for help in apprehending those involved.  But how could the public assist if the bombings are only now getting news coverage?

The city is on high alert with residents asked to remain indoors and report any suspicious packages.

Suspicious Package
Suspicious Package

Could this be race-related terrorism?  It’s unclear.   Police believe the bombings could be race-related.  The two white victims injured are perhaps accidental.  #AustinBombings

Texas explosions: ‘Serial bomber’ suspected in Austin blasts – BBC News

Three parcel bombs left on doorsteps have killed two people and injured two others since early March.

Investigators say they have seen similarities in all four cases.

“We are clearly dealing with what we expect to be a serial bomber at this point,” Austin police chief Brian Manley said at a news conference on Monday.

“We have seen similarities in the devices that exploded here last night and the other three devices.”

Sunday night’s victims suffered non-life threatening injuries and were taken to hospital after encountering a suspicious device on the side of a road in a residential area, police said.

The latest blast came hours after officials announced a new $100,000 (£71,000) reward for information.

The cash reward is on top of an existing $15,000 being offered by the state’s governor.

The two men killed earlier this month were African Americans and police have not ruled out racism as a possible motive.

Editors Note:  This post was completely revised for accuracy and comprehensiveness as more information became available.