Mark Conditt, the terrorist bomber from Texas, blew himself up as a SWAT team surrounded him. We know little about him except he was a conservative white Christian man who harbored antiabortion views yet murdered two African Americans from prominent families and injured multiple others.
- Why didn’t the bombings receive widespread coverage, despite Austin Police asking for the public’s help, until two white men were injured last Sunday?
- It appears Mark Conditt had ties to Austin, Texas, what were those ties?
- Who was the package or packages addressed to that exploded at the FedEx facility in Schertz, Tx?
- Can his friends or family tell us more about him?
- Was he employed, unemployed or a student?
- Did he belong to a radicalized far-right group?
- Is there evidence he was not working alone?
- How could a person who claims to be pro-life murder innocent people?
America is at a crossroads. Do we make America white by minimizing the crimes of white men and incarcerate people of color? Or do we make America great by labeling African countries “shitholes” or the Muslim religion terrorist?
Why do we label members of #BlackLivesMatter who protest violence terrorists or Black Identity Extremists? Why do we continue to label white conservative Christians, the overwhelming perpetrators of domestic terrorism, mentally ill or lone wolf members of a hate group? Why aren’t conservative white Christians labeled terrorists when they terrorize Americans?
We need a national discussion of these double standards. We need to break down the barriers that separate us and recognize most of us yearn for the same things: peace and love as well as life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
What do you think?