8 Step Guide to Good Traffic Stops
To be proactive and avoid police brutality and violence, I share this video. Hopefully by following these eight steps, we can prevent unnecessary police violence and brutality of civilians who are stopped by police officers.
- Pull off to the right.
- Find a safe place to park.
- Both hands on the steering wheel, visible at all times.
- Do not exit your vehicle unless requested by the officer.
- Have a receptive attitude, even if you believe your rights are being violated.
- Respect and Respond, even if the officer’s attitude is demeaning, degrading and dehumanizing.
- Make no sudden movements without informing the officer.
- Report inappropriate behavior to the Office of Professional Standards, even if the office is controlled by the same officers who abused your rights.
- Get the officers’ name and badge number; or
- Car number located on the side of the police car; or
- B-tag located on top of the car.
- For unmarked cars get the license plate number
Remember you can call 911 and request a supervisor remain on the line with your during police stops.
Bystanders, please assist by recording the incident on your phone or camera. In your recording, please make sure to include the license plate number, car number and B-tag to assist in identification of the police officer.
I welcome readers to elaborate, share experiences and add to the above 8 steps.
9. “Do not volunteer any information, only answer questions that pertain to the traffic stop. (Anything you say WILL be used against you. For example: Where you’ve been, or where you’re going, is none of his business and immaterial to the traffic stop)” by Onno Vocks
This is a video by @TJSotomayor where he lambasted black people. His despise for Black women glaring. Despite the biased rant, he made a valid point about blacks not adopting or willing to open their homes to state-owned or orphaned black children. Something, he admired about the many whites who have. Without actual stats, let’s presume this is true, why are whites adopting more black children than blacks? Or is this true?
While I find his remarks offensive, there was truth to his criticisms. Do you agree with him? Do you think Blacks should stop pointing fingers at whites and start helping each other? Let’s hear your thoughts.
All thoughts accepted without comments.
Dr. Maya Angelou – I Am Human
Our Grandmothers – Maya Angelou
She lay, skin down in the moist dirt,
the canebrake rustling
with the whispers of leaves,
and loud longing of hounds and
the ransack of hunters crackling the near branches.
She muttered, lifting her head a nod toward freedom,
I shall not, I shall not be moved.
She gathered her babies,
their tears slick as oil on black faces,
their young eyes canvassing mornings of madness.
Momma, is Master going to sell you from us tomorrow?
Unless you keep walking more and talking less.
Unless the keeper of our lives releases me from all commandments.
And your lives,
never mine to live,
will be executed upon the killing floor of innocents.
Unless you match my heart and words,
saying with me,
I shall not be moved.
In Virginia tobacco fields,
leaning into the curve of…
View original post 476 more words
If Asians Said The Stuff White People Say
Listen: Dr. Maya Angelou Recites Her Poem “Phenomenal Woman” – Super Soul Sunday – OWN
U.S. TROOPS EXPOSE the MARTIAL LAW and NEW WORLD ORDER AGENDA Created By The Elite
Control by deception