Every war when it comes, or before it comes, is represented not as a war but as an act of self-defense against a homicidal maniac. -George Orwell
It’s represented as a threat to national security, a war on terrorism or a war on drugs.
Since the war on drugs started in the Nixon era, what have we accomplished?
- Mass Incarceration (We have more people in prisons than any other country, 25% of the world’s prisoners.);
- An opioid crisis that’s killing our children;
- A police state.
Why? Prisons are not only profitable they are warehouses for cheap labor.
What has the war on terror accomplished?
- A dramatic increase in domestic terrorism, almost a weekly occurrence (no one knows as this information is not readily available);
- A refugee crisis in the Middle East;
- Global discrimination/violence against Muslims.
Both wars are still being fought. Now the Trump regime plans to double down on the same failed strategies. Why? America is the number one arms supplier to the world.
There are other reasons for Americas’ wars. Divide and conquer to support white supremacy by disrupting non-white communities and their culture. Why? I believe you know why.